To be deemed versatile is a grand thing, so here’s a big shout-out to the perky and prolific Amanda for putting me at the top of her list. (She blogs more regularly than I do – about moving to a different country and starting a new life and all the ups and downs that come with living overseas. Do read her, she’s interesting. Ü)
It’s been a while since I last blogged, to be honest. I’ve been back in school since February of this year, and although I did more writing this semester than all of last year combined, most of it was academic and referenced and simply so bloody research-based for the blogging world. (Besides, everyone knows how much of a nerd-nerd I am already. Why rub it in, right?)
That’s why a part of me feels guilty about receiving this award. It’s a good thing that the rules surrounding the getting and giving of this award made no mention of consistently indulging one’s creative muse. Still, the moment I found out about Amanda’s kind gesture, I’m back to blogging again. Of course, the fact that I’m on break now has a lot to do with that, but I digress. :-)
Apart from thanking the one who gave me the award, I am required by the VBA to pass on the award to 15 bloggers I personally read, and then to share seven things about myself with the person who nominated me for this award. The rules strike me as very arbitrary, but I’m more than happy to cooperate! I imagine that, in part, I’ve been given the award because those who came before me followed the rules.
And so indulge me as I confer the Versatile Blogger Award upon the following blogs:
- Welcome to My 30 Lives
- My Story to You
- Boggleton Drive
- The Problem with Young People Today is…
And here are the seven very random things about myself, for Amanda’s entertainment:
- I’m allergic to alcohol, boo.
- I do not have a Twitter account.
- Creating travel itineraries thrills me.
- I am realizing, slowly but surely, that I am not a winter person.
- I am of the opinion that the most beautiful thing in the world are sunsets.
- I love that distinct old-book-plus-new-book smell that only old university libraries have.
- Getting awards and giving them away delights me to no end, so thank you very much for bestowing the VBA upon me!
Here’s to the grand tradition of blogging and reading other bloggers, people! Cheers to us! :-)